Vibrant Media, the pioneers and global leaders of contextual advertising, enable brands to deliver digital experiences from native display and video to AR and VR. Vibrant's digital solutions lead the industry with viewability and are delivered across devices, within brand safe, high-quality editorial. Vibrant’s clients span all categories from Tech and entertainment to FMCG and sports, including IBM, Dell, Epson, Xbox and Unilever.
The company was founded in 2000 and has offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, L.A., Hamburg, Munich and Dusseldorf.
Driven by the talent, creativity and passion of our global team, Vibrant is just what is says it is. VIBRANT. We deliver exciting careers for those that share our passion and enthusiasm.
Our core values:
- Innovation - We think creatively to identify new possibilities and motivate others.
- Entrepreneurship - We own our responsibilities and feel accountable for every detail of our work.
- Vibrancy - We bring passion, energy, positivity and intelligence to everything we do.
For more information, visit vibrantmedia.com.
Vibrant is now looking for a Data Analyst / Developer, someone with the technical and mathematical skills to wrangle insight from large multivariate data sets, help all functions across the business understand them and make informed decisions moving forward. The data will come from existing reports (SSRS, Redshift), new reports you may need to implement, pulling ad hoc data from various reporting systems (SQL, Hadoop/Spark, Redshift) and of course Excel. You will also be required to build out new reports using R and Shiny, be comfortable being part of a Software Development Team, and be familiar with Linux command line operations.
The data is constantly changing and is influenced by such factors as date (week, weekend, month start/end, quarter start/end), time of day, the website and article content in question, the user viewing the article, their location, what they’re viewing it with, their past behaviour, which advertising products are being delivered on the page, the performance goals of the adverts, the interaction of adverts with each other, the types of adverts, what the adverts look like and many more beyond. We are also building out a full suite of Invalid Traffic and Fraud detection tools which will be an important part of the job, so exposure to / experience in detecting fraud patterns over large datasets would be a big plus.
The successful candidate will be based in London and report to the Head of Business Systems, but will operate and interact across the business globally.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have a Batchelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative discipline, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or have a significant appropriate industry track-record in reporting systems and fraud / invalid traffic detection.
- You will be self-motivated, capable of working both individually and as part of a wider team.
- You will be both curious and playful with data, but also have a rigorous attention to detail.
It is essential that you have:
- Demonstrable experience performing complex statistical analysis.
- Experience with statistical visualisation software (eg. Quicksight, Tableau, SSRS, Excel).
- Knowledge of Linux command line operations (be familiar with it).
- Strong SQL Skills.
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication in English
- Competitive salary,
- 25 days of holiday.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Health.
- Half price membership at Virgin Active, Nuffield Health and selected David Lloyd gyms (with Vitality Health Membership).
- Company's pension scheme.
If the amazingly colourful WeWork facilities, with open plan area and roof top terrace overlooking St Paul’s aren’t enough to tempt you, please read on for some additional reasons to join this progressive team. You will be working in an International environment, for a technology company who prides its success on innovation. We work hard to be successful but we also know how to have fun, our social committee arranges team events on a regular basis so we can enjoy our successes. We have a long track record of retaining employees for long careers, with moves to our international offices around the globe. If you are keen to be part of a team who is passionate about delivering advertising that consumers love, then visit our site at http://www.vibrantmedia.co.uk/careers to learn more.